Sunday 23 March 2014

What to expect when you're expecting

So one of my fav movies has got to be 'what to expect when you're expecting" when I 1st watched it yrs ago. It's abt 5 diff pregnancies and an adoption story. 1 pregnancy led to an unfortunate miscarriage, another pregnancy was all the horrible sides of being pregnant (being bloated, puffy, constipated n all), another a working n fit mummy to be tt is able to look fab n stay fit n the last pregnancy was everything magical n beautiful. 

So here's the thing. When I 1st found out I was pregnant I was hoping n praying for the fit, fab looking n magical pregnancy. The one u glow n look so radiant n u can literally still be active working out n all. Unfortunately, I didn't get tt. Well I got the radiant n glowy look which everyone comments whenever they see me even when I'm at my cui-est. I havnt ballooned as much as I Thot I would, I'm nt puffy n my appetite is fairly decent. Well maybe cuz I've been sick quite a bit so far. But other than tt... I'm suffering every whr else possible!!! 

-nausea/morning sickness (this I had it bad during the 1st tri. The onli positive spin on this is tt I lost 2kgs. I didn't eat much n I hugged the toilet. It took me a while be4 I succumbed to medication to control this. Nw I'm so thankful it's gone. Well it does come back n haunt me on certain days but it's all manageable. I was so afraid I would be like my mummy. She puked frm day 1 to day 40!!) 

-severe back pains (I realli cannot walk much n I walk like a duck. I've succumbed to muscle rubs which my gynae says it's ok n wearing a back brace which realli doesn't help much. Sleeping is a chore cuz thrs NO comfy position on this planet to deal wif ur back pain. Getting out of bed is such a hassle esp when I pee every 1.5-2hrs. I scream n squirm whenever I hav to flip sides when I sleep. I can't sleep or sit for long cuz my back would hurt so badly but I'm asked to hav ample rest n all. My bed has a mountain of pillows my dogs can play hide n seek in them.) 

-frequent UTIs (don't get me started on those cuz it hurts like a mother bitch. I've always been prone to UTIs since young but nw it's even worse! My bladder actually hurts n somehw it caused my already bad enough back pains to be worse. I hav to pee more frequently to min. My infection which makes sleeping a chore. Cranberry juice n barley water is mostly wat I'm forced to drink these days) 

-growing cramps (these hurt like a mother bitch too esp when my baby wiggles around in my belly. N these can also be worrying when they get too intense so I get stressed out when I get hit by those bad ones. Becuz I'm so small built n it's my 1st pregnancy, my body is still learning to accommodate my baby's growth n over stretching things tt hav nv been stretched be4 so tts a bitch too. Becuz of my cramps I realli can't move around much or work out as much as I realli want to!) 

-low placenta (so my gynae told me I hav a low placenta. Which means no heavy lifting, less movements around, no physical activities. I'm even more paranoid whenever I pee nw esp since a few nites ago. I always make sure to look at the toilet paper twice to check tt thrs no blood.) 

-emotional stresses (Becuz I've been sick n moody n cranky cuz of my ailments, I realli havnt been in the best moods ever. I'm often crying, blaming the whole world  or hating every bit of my pregnancy. Funni hw I'm nt stressing over motherhood since I am such a young mummy but in fact I'm actually soooooo looking forward to it n dyinggggg for this pregnancy to be over soon! My husband is well aware hw much I'm suffering emotionally n physically. At the beginning be4 things got this bad he would joke "so doubt we will hav a 2nd child aye!" Nw frm whr I see it nw... As much as I want a sibling for my child, I'm nt keen on thinking abt tt nw. It was always my plan to hav 2 kids: a boy n a girl. But after this horrific n unmagical experience, I'm surrendering. My mummy thinks it's Becuz my insides are so young n tender tts y it's so hard this time around. But I'm jus nt convinced yet. Thankfully my husband n I are so young so I hav many yrs to reconsider again) 

-home bound (oh I hav decided to put myself on hse arrest till my kid is 4mths. The fear of gg out n getting back pains after walking for a bit scares me. Cuz when tt happens I can't scream n cry. N wat if I walk too much n I start to bleed? N dressing up has been no fun at all. I hav zero interest in doing my hair, make up or wearing nice clothes for nw. I realli salute those YouTube mummys to be who still bother to make the effort even when they are a bloated whale. Cuz I couldn't care less seriously. I jus wanna stay home n be in pjs wif the messiest n unkempt hair ever) 

-spastic legs (I recently discovered I hav wat I call "spastic legs". Thr are certain times whr I jus can't move my legs n all n will scream in excruciating pain!! Then it makes it impossible to lift them too. So I would jus sit thr paralyzed or get my husband to help me up) 

Jus to add to this, I've got zero personal hygiene. If I could I would go wifout showering, brushing my hair or teeth frm nw till I pop!! Wearing my underwear n bottoms are so difficult nw (due to my growing belly n "spastic legs", showering takes twice as long nw n I get gum bleeds when I brush my teeth. So give me credit tt I still manage to these 3 things still. My mummy took me to a mani n pedi sessh tt day n tt ended horribly. So I realise I hav zero patience n tolerance to confine myself to a chair jus to pamper myself. So screw those for nw. Oh n mositurising? Wtf is tt!? I no longer go through my crazy 5 step facial regime anymore or 2 step hair treatment processes either. But thankfully for my hormones my skin has nv been better even when products!! So yay to tt(: 

Plus I hav zero social skills too. Whenever I'm out I jus wanna kill everyone I see!! I used to be a social butterfly, a party animal. Nw I'm such grumps. N majority of humans annoy the hell out of me. 

Hmm I think tts abt it. Which honestly I'm considered lucky to some women. But but wat I DETEST are my back pains n cramps. Whenever those happen I jus want my husband to sock me in the face so hard so I can pass out. Oh wells... Reality bites. Of course thr are glorious parts to this amazing life I'm carrying. I shall get to tt when I'm in a chirpier mood... Which I hope is soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment