Monday 10 March 2014

Summary of 2nd trimester

So I'm still in my 2nd tri n contrary to wat most people say abt 2nd trimester being the easiest n most enjoyable one... NOPE nt for this mummy over here. 

Nausea: 
-nausea was a lot better at this point 
-occasional vomiting when I had diary products (esp soy so I hav stayed away frm those nw) 
-appetite has improved ALOT (thr was 1 point I ate constantly) 

Appetite/cravings: 
-at the beginning I had major cravings for those economy bee hoon; it was my nightly supper (I blame my husband cuz he likes tt) 
-inital cravings for fried food!! HORRIBLE 
-bubble tea!!! (OMG my biggest sin!! My husband n I would drive out after dinz jus to get my fix!! So so bad but I onli hav the least sweet one) 
-japanese food (k I crave this all the time even be4 I got pregnant so it doesn't count? LOL) 
-beef!!! (I generally don't eat much meat to begin wif but when I started exercising more I started to experiment wif beef n all. Nw it's like the onli protein I wanna eat!! I blame this on my husband cuz he LOVES beef) 
-thankfully I'm still loving my fruits n veggies! Hav to drink a juice whenever I wake up 
-I've been on a low carb diet for many yrs (I onli take whole meal or multigrain breads n brown rice) but ever since getting pregnant, my body/baby jus craves for carbs! Thr was 1 wk whr all I wanted to eat were pastas, fried rice n noodles! 

Oh yea this veri weird thing happened to me at the beginning. Whenever I saw a picture or hear someone mention a particular food item... I MUST hav it! Even if I don't particularly like tt food... I still must eat it! Wtf my brain was so weird then. 

Nw I'm gg towards the end of my 2ns tri... N I don't hav any particular cravings (except my bubble tea, fizzy drinks, juices) so eating nw is like so boring? I find no satisfaction in eating anymore. I'm jus eating for the sake of my baby -.- 

Back pains: 
-oh this one is HORRIBLE!! 
-so i started work in jan at a horrible horrible place which required me to stand a lot. So maybe tt caused my onset of back pains earlier even when I was quite tiny at tt point. Becuz of my back pains, thr were days I jus couldn't wake up n had to miss work a couple of days (I will get to y I quit n all in my later posts) 
-at abt 20 wks my husband n I noticed a drastic growth spurt at my belly. Tt was when the back pains got more frequent n more unbearable 
-I hav jus recovered frm a bad case of Urinary tract infection (UTI) n was hospitalized for a while. During tt time my back pains were sooooo bad I literally cried n screamed. Sleeping was a chore cuz I wasn't comfy at all 
-my sleep has been greatly disrupted thxs to my back pains. Finding a comfy position is so hard n when I do i hav to wake up to pee... Seriously !? 

To begin wif I'm realli nt TAT big nw. So I'm honestly veri worried as a progress into my 3rd tri my pains would be worse? Sigh 

Growing abdominal cramps:
-another HORRIBLE one! 
- so as mentioned abt 20 wks a sudden growth spurt happened. Baby jus suddenly decided to "break free" n become more prominent. I get cramps so intense I can't get out of bed some days too 
-my gynae says it's perfectly normal cuz my insides are stretching to accommodate baby. But gosh it's so painful!! I already get horrible period cramps n this is like worse??! 

UTI: 
-was hospitalized for 1 wk to get antibiotics via the intravenous way n Becuz I was getting veri bad cramps n all, my gynae was afraid I might go into labour early so I had to be warded to monitor everything (thankfully it was jus my bladder causing all tt cramping) 
-Becuz ur bladder somehow shifts wif baby growing in the way n all, UTI is veri common during pregnancies. So nw I'm drinking as much fluids as I can n I literally go to the toilet every 1.5-2hrs (even at nite!!! Terrible!!!) 

Constipation: 
-this is 1 of the symptoms many women complain of during pregnancy. But thankfully for me I don't suffer frm this. 
-prior to my pregnancy I did suffer frm constipation so I was kinda worried it would worsen it. But then my constipation then was Becuz I wasn't eating enough carbs or watever. So nw tt I'm eating more frequently n hav gone back to eating rice n noodles n all tt crap... Bowel movement for me has been frequent 

Frequent urination: 
-I'm a peeing machine. Gg to the toilet every 1.5hrs-2hrs to pee is like a norm to me nw. So yea my sleep is disrupted 
-but no choice cuz if I don't pee every 1.5-2hrs... My bladder gets too full tt it overflows n causes a leak (this is also normal for many pregnant women). N I am told to pee on a more frequent basis to lower my chances of UTI again 

Boobs: 
-boobs hav grown a fair bit since the 1st tri but less heavy feeling already (got used to it) 
-my boobs hav started to show very prominent blue veins... 
-a lot of my bras don't fit -.- so I'm like buying bras every mth!? 

Skin: 
-still no break outs thankfully but my skin is veri veri dry!! (My husband thinks baby is sucking my moisture frm me!) 
-but came down wif frm bad eczema on my legs which was so bloody itchy!! N nw my legs are scarred 
-given steroid creams which are safe while pregnant n it did get better 

Nose bleeds n bleeding gums: 
-bleeding gums which brushing teeth 
-nose bleeds whenever I blow my nose 
-all these are normal cuz veins in the nose are apparently thinner n more sensitive. Nth too major n it stops realli quickly 

Baby's movement: 
-so around 21 wks I finally felt baby's movements!!! It's so magical whenever she moves n tts when I truly noe I am carrying a life in me (it jus becomes more real) 
-she moves ALOT esp at nite n whenever I eat nw (I equate this to the fact she likes watever I'm eating haha. Cuz thr are some foods she kicks more n some whr she doesn't). So yea she tends to keep me up at nite wif her fist pumps n flying kicks 
-feels like a stomach rumbling kinda feeling but much more intense n funni 
-whenever she kicks/punches me hard, I laugh cuz Idk y I jus find it so funni!! 

While being hospitalized I was so worried my UTI Bacteria may affect baby but she was still moving a lot n ultrasound shows she's doing fine so tt took a load off! 

I noe it's a rather long winded post but tts me so far. Nw back pains n growing abdominal cramps are a part of me. Crying n whining is such a norm. Heat packs are my best frens n pre-natal massages are my temp source of relief. On days when I hav it bad (like today) I jus feel so upset n demoralized. Like y me? Y can't I hav more enjoyable n memorable pregnancy? At the back of my head I always tell myself hw excited I am to meet my lil one. But this process has been so hard. So hard n suffering. I feel bad for my husband cuz on most days he's the one tt hears me cry in discomfort but yet he can't do anything. Yes I'm sooooo happy being pregnant cuz this life I'm carrying is indeed an amazing gift frm God but jus tt the process sucks. But whenever I see my baby's ultrasound every mth it jus comforts me a lot. 


Baby bump at 18wks... 
Baby's scan at 18wks 


Baby's scan at 21weeks (the day we confirmed baby's gender!)

N then poof! Sudden growth spurt over night... 

No comments:

Post a Comment