Monday 24 March 2014

What to expect when you are expecting part 2 (the happy parts)

So after pouring water on everyone's' expectations of pregnancy... Here are the better side of things for me: 


-knowing u are carrying a life 
This itself is such an amazing truth. The moment u find out u hav something growing in u... It's such a... Hmm no words can describe this amazing feeling. Of course when I 1st out n given the circumstances I was I panicked. But wif the support of Sean n our family things jus fell into place to nicely. I then started prepping myself for the dreams n thots of being pregnant. When will my belly start showing? When can I find out the gender? Is my baby healthy? Wat kind of birth will I hav? Will thr be complications? 

-people knowing u are pregnant 
This one was a rather easy one to get through for our case. All our frens who hav known us frm day 1 when we were dating were all so supportive n encouraging. Everyone was genuinely happy for us. Their well wishes jus made it so clear to us hw much we mean to our frens n tt they were happy to go on this next journey wif us. Sean n I has always talked abt marriage n kids frm the beginning of our r/s so it was no shocker when we broke the news to everyone. N whenever I go out wif frens I'm always well taken care of. Everyone would fuss over me or ask me wat I wanna eat n all. 

-seeing baby's heartbeat for the 1st time 
This was another amazing experience tt money can't buy. For both Sean n I we were jus speechless. To think when we found out we were onli at wk5 when I 1st had a glimpse of our baby's heartbeat. We literally saw our baby grow be4 our eyes (through a monitor). Frm a tiny lil for to an actual tiny human being wif distinct features today. Like it's weird hw I didn't start showing at all till wk22-23 but yet I  knew something was indeed growing inside my belly. 

-the glowing radiant skin 
Many women suffer adverse reactions frm pregnancy due to their hormones. I've read horror stories of breakouts, oily skin, back acne, dry skin, flaky skin etc I was mortified n so worried! Thankfully for me my skin has nv been better!!! I hav nt used make up, facial wash, moisturizer, toner, scrubs or masked for a while! I had veri dry skin be4 my wedding so I had to splurge on things to save my face but somehw frm wk 20 onwards it got better! My skin is smooth like a baby's butt n I used to get veri bad blackheads but nw it seems to hav gotten better too! N everyone compliments my radiant pregnancy glow (: 

-starting our family 
Sean n I are finally starting our next journey together. For 4yrs we hav dreamed of our wedding n wat our future family will be like. Nw it's finally in the works n we are both so thrilled n excited!

-feeling baby's movements for the 1st time 
This came abt wk 22-23 too for me. It's another magical feeling tt no other women can describe to u. Onli a mother would noe this feeling. Esp when u rub ur belly, speak to ur belly, poke ur belly n baby actually responds wif a lil movements... It's jus so cute! It's like when my baby hears our voices, most of the time she would respond to us! It's like she can understand us. N tts a veri gd bonding experience for both parents n baby n help baby get familiar wif our voices. Parents' voices can act as a soother next time when baby gets cranky, upset or happy. 

-the anticipation of our baby's birth 
This I'm DYING for!! U hav no idea hw much I'm dying to hold my baby in my arms... Cry when I see her for the 1st time cuz I've come so far... Hear her cries for the 1st time (n then later wish she would shut up n go sleep! Haha) smell her baby smell... Teach her things our parents taught us... Bring her up wif gd values n principles... Her 1st words, steps ahhh jus so many things!! Yes our lives will be topsy turvy for a while as we break into a routine we are all comfy wif, the sleepless nites n all but I noe it's all worth it. I carried this life for 9mths... I wanna see wat we can accomplish together as a family(: 

-shopping for baby stuffs 
This has been fun for me n my family! As it's our 1st grandchild/niece, my mum n sis has been quite enthusiastic abt shopping for my baby! She already is being pampered like mad!!! She already has a Burberry dress n shoes waiting for her! Haha! N the amt of lil tiny cutesie rompers n accessories... Gosh! N it's nt even full force shopping yet! Imagine when we actually approach May... Her wardrobe will prob be as huge as her mother's!! Plus she also has her cousin's clothes to wear! (I've nt officially announced the gender of our baby yet but subtly dropped hints here n thr. Nw if u read this space u noe 1st hand) 

I actually sat down a while n couldn't come up wif this "happy" list for a long time. After speaking to my husband n mummy.. It finally flowed. I guess I need to complain lesser n try to experience n enjoy these remaining 14wks. 

Today is 1 of my better days I've had in a VERI long time! I had the best massage in my life which made my back ALOT better n I managed to sleep alright. I even plucked up the courage to head out n get some groceries done but immediately dreaded it n wanted to jus come home! I realli HATE people n crowds nw n my back n cramps started creeping in. So yea I'm convinced i need to be home for the next few mths. Or I Thot abt renting a wheelchair! Hahaha whenever I realli NEED to go out I will resort to tt. My husband thinks I'm mad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment