Thursday 24 April 2014

31wks: a wk n 2 days old

It's nw 4.30am n I'm sitting on my bed pumping milk frm my 2nd boob. It's been a wk since I started breast feeding n my boobs are realli used to it. My milk flow is crazy a lot tt my husband complains nw cuz we are running out of storage space soon. But my body isn't used to it. I'm so so tired cuz I need to pump every 4-6hrs.

My daily schedule: 
4ish am: Pump for 30-40mins, wash n sterilize bottles, go back to bed. 
9am: Wake up to shower n pump 
10am: post natal massage 
11ish am: early lunch 
1ish pm: hospital to visit baby gwyn n deliver milk 

My body is realli tired. Well at least I rested the past few mths (though it wasn't as restful as I wished it was cuz of the many complications I had but better than nth). N this is jus the beginning of things!! So we are both trying to adjust to this whole waking up in the middle of the nite thing. Initially my husband wakes up wif me n pumps wif me n all. But nw I jus do it myself cuz I don't wanna wake him up. Nw he gets a "free pass" when baby gwyn comes home he's doing all the wee hr feedings! Muahahahahahahaha 

Update on baby gwyn: 
She's progressing veri well everyday still. She has gained 40g as of date. Lesser tubes connected to her. Being fed 3ml every 4hrs. Moves a lot in her sleep! (So nw I noe wat she has been doing in my belly for the past 7mths. Her kicks/punches were realli strong!!) pees n poos regularly. All the initial testings hav come out gd! She has a few episodes whereby she would be in such a deep sleep she forgets to breathe. A couple of times I was thr n I panicked. I would hav a meltdown after. My husband would hav to calm me down. Thankfully for the past 2days she hasn't had such episodes which puts my mind at ease. She's still stuck at the hospital cuz she hasn't hit the 2kg mark yet. Once she hits it I believe she will be home wif us. So my husband n I calculated on average if she puts on 30g everyday.. She will be home in another 4-5wks which is wat we estimated too. So baby gwyn pls keep taking my milk n put on weight!!! 

I got these breast cups frm the baby fair n wear them at home cuz realli they look funni. But this helps collects excess milk tt drips instead of wearing the breast pads which soaks it up. Like abt 2hrs this cup is 1/2 full! Yea imagine my milk flow. I'm realli a mother cow. 
My milk flow on average each time is abt 120ml to 150ml. I must say I'm quite proud of it! Haha 

Taken yesterday (23/4). She has the funniest sleeping positions ever n she loves to place her hands on her face. Haha 
My heart simply melts whenever she grabs my finger so tightly n won't let go. She's such a sweetheart. 

Ok back to bed I gooooo. Both the husband n I are down wif a sensitive nose. Hav to be ultra careful these days since we don't wanna infect baby gwyn wif anything. I guess it's the weird weather n lack of sleep tt caused it. Yawnsssss 

No comments:

Post a Comment