Wednesday 28 May 2014

36wks n 6days/6wks n 1 day old: paranoia

It's nw 3.30am n I'm still up. Why cuz I'm buying baby related stuffs online. Ever since becoming a mum, I find more joy buying such things nw than clothes shoes or bags. 

Anyways I was jus randomly browsing Aussie baby online stores n gosh their stuffs they offer are extensive n unique!!! Wish Singapore carries such cool stuff. But anyways I came across this baby movement monitor. Basically it monitors ur baby's movement when they sleep n will alert u if baby stops breathing. It tracks the movement of the stomach as baby breathes. If baby stops breathing... A slight vibrate will alert the baby n if baby doesn't respond, an alarm will ring to notify the caregiver to wake baby up. 

Baby gwyn has been having this breathing problem since day 1. Given tt she is a preemie n I onli got 1 out of the 2 shots to mature her lungs. As her gestation date gets nearer (which is wat I estimate to be the day she comes home) I'm excited but yet paranoid. Wifout those hospital baby monitors monitoring her heart rate n breathing.. Hw can I sleep in peace!!? I actually for see myself nt sleeping for the 1st few wks or so n jus stare at her sleep to make sure she is breathing. I'm nw at ease tt I bought this monitor thingy so at least I can sleep better. Plus preemies are more at risk of SIDS (sudden infant death syndrome). 

I noe it works cuz I've watched video reviews posted by parents n they all swear by it though sometimes it gives off false alarms. But false alarms are better than no alarms at all. 

I searched all over the web to buy it in Singapore n finally found it cuz I rather buy it locally so if it spoils or watever it has a warranty n all. It's rather expensive but meh such money realli can't be saved when it comes to the life of ur child. When I get it n realli try it n it works well... I will do a review n link on whr to buy it frm! 

Onto updates on baby gwyn... 
She had a wkly eye examination n thank The Lord n many prayers she doesn't hav ROP!!! Whooooo last wk her left eye showed stage 1 but this wk it cleared! So yay! 

But yea she had another blood transfusion yesterday nite cuz she kept desating (her breathing) so hoping it is effective n she stops desating. Her breathing is still weak so pls keep praying for my princess! 

Other than tt she's doing well! N doctors n nurses told us tt she wil outgrow her this breathing problem so she jus needs more time. 

K off to bed! I hav to wake up in less than 3hrs to pump! OMG 

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I'm a preemie mum at SGH and totally understand what you have been going through. My boy has been here for 10 weeks and it is frustrating now that it is past his due date and he's still not home yet. Breathing and feeding problems are what's keeping him here.
    I'm interested to know where you bought the baby monitoring monitor and how much is it. Would you be able to email me at chong_wei_teng@yahoo.com.sg?
    Hope to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete