Tuesday 13 May 2014

34wks n 5 days/4wks old

Some veri cute pics of gwyn 1st(: she takes the funniest pics I swear! LOL can't wait till she gets out of the hospital n is more awake. I'm sure thr will be more comical n dramatic poses! 





N then I celebrated my 1st Mother's Day! After catching Spider-Man on Saturday nite... My husband suggested we spend the 1st few hrs of Mother's Day wif our princess. So we drove to the hospital again


I came home n saw these balloons tied to my door. My mummy surprised me wif these for my 1st Mother's Day present(; I was realli happy! 


Then came Sunday. I was having a bad day of meltdowns. I guess I was envious n feeling sad for myself. It was mothers days n most mummies get to spend it wif their child. But I couldn't n it was my 1st Mother's Day which is suppose to be special. Wat made things worse was we went to great world city whr thr seems to be baby infested land. I felt even more depressed n horrible. 

Anyways I went to queue for a spot for lunch n my husband said he needs to go to the toilet so he left me alone which jus made it more pitiful when I was sitting at the table alone n wif tears streaming down my face -.- thankfully at tt time my twin wished me happy Mother's Day n I was texting her still. So I sat thr waiting for quite a while when it hit me tt he has something up his sleeve. 

He walked back empty handed but told me he left his wallet in the car n asked me to get it. At tt point I knew it already! I walked to the car n saw a huge bouquet n a box of cronuts on my seat. Tears streamed down my face. N I read the card attached to the bouquet n I jus burst into tears. My gifts were frm my daughter (on behalf of her daddy). My husband is the sweetest n most thotful person I hav ever met. I realli wasn't expecting anything but he always surprises me(: 


Today baby gwyn is exactly 4wks old (28 days)! 4wks ago this lil one decided to pop out earlier than expected. It's amazing hw much change we hav seen in her so far! She's gotten so pretty, her weight has increased a lot n she's drinking a lot more breast milk too! 

I admit I hav been feeling rather upset, vulnerable n sensitive over the past few wks. But unless u are a parent of a preemie... It's realli hard to describe all these emotions I've been feeling. I do suspect I hav PND but I'm thankful for my supportive husband n family. N I'm always in check of my emotions n triggers. So hopefully all these go away soon n I won't need medication. I mean I hav getting a lil better I guess. Cuz I used to meltdown almost every nite after I see gwyn. But these days hav been ok. I guess cuz gwyn is making such great progress n I noe it will be a matter of wks till she comes home wif us(: 



She's nw 1680g as of today! N we try to kangaroo her wif her oxygen mask (CPAP) off n she managed to last abt 30mins. Her weight isn't an issue nw. She needs to breathe on her own. She's 34wks by gestation on Thursday n by then her lungs should be mature enough. So I'm hoping within this wk or next she will be off the CPAP n then she's another step closer to home (:

No comments:

Post a Comment