Sunday 10 August 2014

A skinnier milk cow

Every time I see old frens or mummies who gave birth mths before me I will never fail to get this statement "wah u lost so much weight! U don't look like u gave birth pls!!" N here are my standard replies: 

"Breast feeding was my natural weight lost secret! I lost the baby weight in a wk!" 

"I was onli pregnant for 7wks n onli put on 6kgs. When gwyn came out tt was 2kgs gone so the rest was realli all thxs to breast feeding." 

No seriously breast feeding is my secret weight lost method! No kidding. In fact I'm eating waaaaayyyyyy more than I ever hav (prob as much as when I was in Aus. OMG *shudder* those fat fat bloated days). Breast feeding makes u REALLI hungry! N it's been said tt every time u breast feed/pump it takes abt 50 calories. 

But then thr are other breast feeding mums tt tell me it's been mths since they gave birth but yet they still hav the excess baby weight. All I can say is every body is different n there are a lot of factors that play a part on whether u lose the baby weight or nt. 

1) metabolism (I won't say my metabolism is very high cuz it isn't) 

2) age (I guess cuz I'm younger than other mummies so my body shrinks back faster? Idk I've seen other young mummies who are younger or around my age shrink back super fast also!) 

3) exercise (no I havnt went back to my exercise regime yet. But maybe it has something to do wif the fact tt I did hot yoga n gym a lot be4 I got pregnant. Actually when I was at my early wks of pregnancy I was still exercising. Oh wait I do carry baby gwyn n walk up n down the stairs at my husband's place. Tts the onli exercise I do.) 

I'm aware I'm super lucky to lose the baby weight so quickly. I'm nw close to 4mths postpartum n in fact I've lost 3kgs frm my pre pregnancy weight n I'm nt even exercising or keeping watch of watever I'm eating. So back again I stress tt every body reacts differently. 

Plus thr aren't short cuts to losing weight. For me breast feeding realli helps (though I'm exclusive pumping; I rely on my breast pump to lose the weight). I hav to pump at least 5 times a day (which means taking out 3hrs a day of my time)... Wake up in the middle of the nite jus to pump even though I'm already so sleep deprived wif a crying baby. Whenever I'm out I hav to lug my stupid big ass baby bag wif my pump inside n I hav to take 30mins of my time when I'm out to pump. So yes I worked dam hard to lose the weight. It didn't come easy. 

So if breast feeding doesn't work for u... U hav to work a lil more harder. I definitely won't recommend a strict diet cuz u need to eat balance n more meals a day to keep ur supply up. Eat more number of meals but small meals. Eat healthily n exercise is the key!! 

I understand that we are all mummies who are sleep deprived n some even full time working mums. But jus take 30mins a day to exercise. No time to head to the gym? Go on YouTube n search for exercise videos! I recommend blogilates by Casey Ho! She's AMazIINNGGG! I did her work outs pre pregnancy n man does it realli burn u at the rite places! N if ur baby is sturdy enough.. Thr are exercises tt u can do together wif ur baby! They are ur natural weights! Jus carry baby n do squats. Or put baby in a wrap or sling wrap n squat! Recently I saw mummies strapping their babies to the wraps n doig ballet! Creative n fun! I'm waiting for baby gwyn to get a more sturdy be4 I start working out wif her! It's also a great bonding experience for mummy n baby! 

I'm dying to get back to my yoga n exercise! I suspended my yoga membership as I was pregnant n nw it's 4mths since I had my c sec I'm ready to go back! My surgery scar still hurts sometimes but I guess I jus won't push myself too much. 

Plus my back n neck hav been hurting so bad carrying baby n all yoga realli helps!! So I'm dying to go back!

I hope this post helps! Cuz I did get a few emails frm mummies asking me hw I lost weight. But realli it isn't any amazing secret. Haha I basically did... Erm nothing? I did nothing out of the ordinary. 

Don't wait till ur baby grows up to a toddler then u start exercising. Cuz by then it will be more difficult to lose the weight as it's been sitting in ur body for so many yrs. 

My pre preggers body. 

No pic of my body nw cuz it pretty much is the same as the above pic. Somehow my ab line miraculous came back a few wks ago. 

"Hard work will pay off!!! Hang in there mummies!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment