Tuesday 9 September 2014

Lightweight party at sgh 2014

On the 6th of sept we went to our first party at the hospital. It's a celebration for all these lil warriors which the hospital holds yearly. When I first got the invite I knew exactly what I wanted baby G to wear! It was an underwater themed party. And if you know me well enough I LOVE Ariel from little mermaid. So I hunted for a mermaid costume for baby G and that was what she wore (: 

It has been 3mths since she left the hospital and it was the first time she saw the nurses and doctors again. They had so much praises for her and all exclaimed how cute she was in her costume!!! She was declared "best dress" of the day by the team and she won the 3rd price in the lucky draw!! 

I've never won anything in my 22years of life. I wanted to resign to my sad fate when they were going to announce the top 3 prices. I thought "aiya I guess we have no luck". But bam they announced her name and I was doing my happy dance inside. Hahahahaha eh first time winning something okay!!! Of course I was a proud mama! LOL 

Some of the nurses carried her and "air swimmed" her. She was enjoying herself and kept smiling and squealing away! She was so poofed out by the end of the party and she slept through the night. 









One of my favorite family photos (:

And can you tell I was in Little mermaid Ariel's colour scheme! Haha 

I have such gratitude to the whole nicu team of sgh. I believe I can speak for my husband too. She was so well taken off during her 2mths stay at the hospital. When we couldn't be there with her 24/7 they were like her second mothers who loved her just as much as us. The way they care for these little warriors are amazing. They have so much love and dedication for these tiny beings. And they guided us so well as to how to care for her when she came home and especially since we were first time parents too. Thank you so much to the nicu team of sgh. No words can express our gratitude to you. 

*dam deleted the pics of the nurses off my phone. Check out my facebook to see the faces who cheered these little warriors on* 

1 comment: