Saturday 19 July 2014

"Sleep is for the weak"-said no mother

Being a mother means sacrificing on ALOT of beauty sleep. I jus read somewhr that interrupted sleep is as gd as not sleeping at all. Lately I wake up every 3-6hrs n on better days 8hrs. I mean when baby gwyn was still at the hospital I did put this into my routine as I also hav to pump every 3-4hrs. But these days I've jus been more tired!? Like no amt of sleep can rejuvenate me. I feel like I'm ageing at a rapid speed; my eye bags are super heavy n I'm practically a walking zombie. I honestly hav no interest in gg out watsoever but sometimes I hav no choice. 

Esp when my lil princess' has super weird sleeping habits!! She sleeps all day n is awake for a gd 4hrs between 1-7am! But I love it when she's awake so I'm nt complaining but jus tt I pray she learns soon how to differentiate between day n nite n adjusts her body to like a normal human being. 

But u see that's the thing wif babies. They dont care if u are sleep deprived Becuz they don't understand wat being sleep deprived means. They don't know there's such thing as day n nite at such a tender age. The innocence of babies jus intrigues me so much! They are a blank canvas nw n watever u teach them in the future they will jus listen n absorb (tts till they learn tt they hav a mind of their own n can make decisions on whether to listen to u or not; dreading it). 

Anyways I jumped out of bed at 6.30am Becuz I was engorged like mad on my rite boob as I dragged my pump sessions for 6.5hrs. Honestly nw my sleep is more impt so I don't bother setting my alarm to wake up n pump every 3-4hrs but I guess I learn my lesson. 

I salute all full time working mums who still manages to survive throughout the day at work even though they wake up in the middle of the nite to nurse or pump! Being a mother is never easy but it's definitely the most rewarding job ever (: 

No comments:

Post a Comment