Tuesday 22 July 2014

A single mum's experience

Last night I had my 1st hand of taking care of baby gwyn all by myself (hence I named the title of this post). My husband was at work and had to stay in over nite. So basically frm Monday 6pm till Tuesday 4pm I had no help (except during the morning feed at 8am I sent gwyn over to my mum's room as I had to pump). 

I hav a new found respect for single mums with no help at all! This was how my day went: 

2.30am: fed baby gwyn n changed her diaper 
3.30am: pumped milk
Went back to sleep by 4.30am 

8am: woke up n pumped while my mum fed baby gwyn 
10am: went to bed wif baby gwyn 
1pm: woke up to feed baby gwyn 
1.30: pumped milk (n at the same time had to soothe my grumpy ms pots) 
2.15pm: bathed baby gwyn (which includes doing her infant massage n putting all sorts of creams on her) 
2.45: breast fed her for 10mins n she fell asleep

I quickly took tt time to use the toilet n bathe n feel like a clean human again. But tt didn't last long cuz 1/2 way through my shower baby gwyn cried again. 

3.10pm: fed her again (she fell asleep while drinking again) 
Put her down n I quickly went to the kitchen to make my lunch n jus be4 I could eat... She cried again. I jus let her cry until I ate finish n by then my mum came home. 

4pm: left the hse to do my scalp treatment n run some errands for her party on Saturday 

So u see... Idk hw these single mums do it!!! I find it so difficult to even shower or eat!! Maybe cuz I can't bear to let baby gwyn cry too long. N she's gg through a phase whereby it's so difficult to put her to sleep. She's awake for a gd 4hrs n during these 4hrs she will be happy one moment n next fussy like hell. 

N I'm nt even working! Hw do those single mums who work bring up a child!? I guess thrs no sleep for them? Idk man... There are all sorts of different kinds of mothers n all are jus as amazing n dedicated to their child. 

I find it so hard to even go out nw also. Like by the time I actually wake up is 1pm... Get ready.. Get baby ready.. Pack her bag n all.. It's abt 4 plus 5. Our day starts at 5! Haha I guess these first few mths will be like tt as she's still so young. But no I'm nt complaining cuz I realli enjoy every minute wif my precious ms pots (short form for ms fussy pots haha). 

Can't imagine leaving her n having to go work next yr. Booooo 

K I'm digressing. But yea being a mother is a full time job. It's tiring but definitely rewarding n satisfying to wanna do everything for your precious lil baby. 

Some pics of baby gwyn to end this post 








Sunday night dinz wif our clan. A yr ago Zx n Chloe gave birth to baby Nathan n then bam a yr later daddy Sean is feeding baby gwyn n daddy Zx is feeding baby Nathan! 





No comments:

Post a Comment