Tuesday 5 May 2015

Where the Yangs dine: The missing pan

(Currently G is sitting on my lap as I type this post out. too many distractions and pauses cause she keeps touching the keyboard!!)

Going to add another segment to my blog which is to write about food. During our dating days Sean and I would scout for good brunch places. Trust me when I say there was one time we had eggs and truffle fries every weekend for brunch! No guessing which are my favorite kind of brunch food.

We have been to too many places that I can't remember. I even have a list of places to go and that list was created 2-3years ago and we have not even covered half but yet new interesting brunch places keep popping up!

On Saturday (2nd may 2015) we decided to give The Missing Pan a try since I've read some good reviews on their famous French toast.

Pushed the glass door and we saw 4 tables, a lift and a glass window which the kitchen where they bake can be seen. Tiny little first floor. We were shown to the lift and up the second floor we went. But the lift was tiny and it could not hold the weight of 2 grown men, 2 women and a baby so my sister's boyfriend took the stairs.

We were greeted and given the menus by a very friendly and hospitable male staff. He walked away and came back when a set of plastic cutleries for G.
I love how they paid attention to little details like for babies. We always eat out with G very often and most places always give us big Ikea kiddie cutlery which obviously isnt suitable for G at the moment cause it can barely fit in her tiny mouth. I was pleasantly surprised that they actually provided her with a Munchkin baby spoon! We always bring her own cutleries but it was definitely a nice and fresh touch to our dining experience (:

So as mentioned I LOVE LOVE anything truffle! well who doesnt right? Their truffle fries were good! But only for fans of cheese as they really sprinkled alot of cheese. Fries were fried to perfection but felt that the cheese was a tad bit too overwhelming that it kinda masked the truffle taste. 

My sister ordered their pork belly eggs benedict since it was one of their popular dishes. But she felt the meat was too tough and dry. Eggs were runny though. Overall my sister and her boyfriend did not feel it was a great brunch. they have had better. 

(spot tiny baby hands) 
I ordered the beef and chicken skewer french toast which was another of their popular dishes. I loved the beef cause it was tender and flavourful. But to me having fruits with meats were a bit weird; interesting new concept but interesting. Also because i dont really like savoury and sweet food mixed together. The fried chicken skewer was really yummy. Something like pop corn chicken but nicer! G enjoyed the french toast for sure! She does a happy dance whenever she likes something shes eating. For me the meats were the star of the dish not the french toast. 

I ordered the strawberry lemonade which i LOVED. They have pretty interesting drinks on their menu. Sweet, tangy and gassy. this was a great compliment to my meal

Overall i think my sister, her boyfriend and husband did not have a fantastic experience. I was half half. To me the great service made up for the medicore/over-rated food. I wish i got the name of the staff that served us. Cause he was really friendly not only to us but to G as well. He talked and played with G; served her the menu and asked her playfully what she wanted to eat. To me when a server takes the extra mile to even serve/entertain a baby, it shows how much he enjoys his job. This is called going the extra mile to make a customer have a memorable experience. This is the first kind of experience we had that the waiter actually took the initiative to interact with our baby. G often attracts attention whenever we go out but this was more than a "oh shes so cute" kind of service. So props to that waiter! 

Food: 3/5 
Ambiance: 4/5
Service: 6/5 !!




Shall end this post with my favourite picture of my 2 loves. G is so sweet... she really knows the way to melt your heart. Definitely daddy's lil girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment