Sunday 17 May 2015

2 children's emergency visits and 1 GP visit

On tuesday morning around 4am, sean and i got woken up by G's weird chesty and wheezy cough. But she still appeared very happy, busy talking and singing away. Luckily i checked her temperature cause i was battling with myself on whether to bring her to kkh. Her temp was 38 degrees. And we rushed down to kkh. Poor baby caught a viral infection. Was given a steroid med and we had to stay there for another 2hours so doctors can monitor her breathing and then oxygen level. Thankfully after 2hours she was discharged! Sean and i were exhausted cause we didnt sleep at all. She slept around 9am and off to bed i went too! Thankful sean took the afternoon off to help me look after G.
Then came night time where her fever suddenly spiked. My poor mum could hardly sleep as she was sponging her making sure she doesnt burn her brain. That was the start of her fever flactuating and all. Most exhausting next few days as she would be well one minute and the next her fever would be 39 and shes whiny and needy as hell. Which was very cute by the way! Haha
Thursday came and we decided to bring her to the GP again cause her fevers were high enough to be alarming. She had an ulcer at the back of her throat on tuesday which was the cause of infection but that was gone by thursday. So it was puzzling why her fever was still so high. But there was nothing much to be done as shes too young for antibiotics or cough syrups.
Then came friday where her fever hit the highest 40.1degrees! I made the decision to rush her to kkh and thankfully we didnt have to wait long because there were so many sick kids! G was happily talking and responding to the doctor despite a high fever so he wasnt too worried about the infection evolving into something more serious. By then i had came down with a flu and cough already. Dam this stupid virus seriously. She took a blood test and we waited an hour for the results and it came back clear. So we were sent home again

Saturday came.. I woke up with a fever, bad sore throat, cough and flu. Great I have officially been infected. Not a good time for me to fall sick at all!! I battled my fever and still went for a good friend's birthday party. But I was quiet as a mouse cause by night time my sore throat was so bad I couldn't even talk!!

By 12am I asked Sean to take me to a 24hour clinic cause I couldn't take it anymore. Waited 1hour plus cause for some reason everyone chose to be sick at this time too. Doctor says i was really weak (that i shall talk about why another time) Spent $190 (more ex than ane by the way but honestly best $190 I spent cause I do feel better after all the medications) Came home and popped all my pills and went to bed. My fever kept coming and going too. The amount of phlegm I had spat or sneezed out could probably fill a 1.5l PET bottle. Every time I swallow it feels like 2 crusty rocks rubbing against each other. Really FML this time.

Thankfully G's fever hasn't come back the whole of tonight. I guess she's better cause she's drinking my milk and she has passed the virus to me -.-

Now my sis and mum are coming down with a flu. But I'm so thankful for my family especially my mum for looking after G over the past few days. My mum hasn't fallen as sick like me despite having G sleep with her and not having much sleep either. I would have taken care of G on my own if I weren't so sick. So I'm thankful and G is blessed to have a loving grandma.

G and I are staying at my mum's this week as I'm too weak to look after her on my own and we don't wanna spread our nasty germs to the kids and family in the other house. Sean is also coughing already. So its best we 3 stay as far away as possible from each other. Hoping I get well by tomorrow!!

The most exhausting and trying week ever! G has never fallen this sick over the past year and I'm so thankful for that. This time there is some nasty virus going around and infecting all the children! Cause I know a few other friends kids who are down too. Sighhh... Must be the weird weather too.

Be gone virus!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment