Saturday 9 May 2015

To all mothers

There are many kinds of mothers in this world... those that gave birth to a healthy full term baby, breastfeeding mothers, those mothers who struggle with breastfeeding and are forced to give formula. Mothers with terminal disease but yet they fight through it for the sake of their child, mothers with children who suffer from terminal disease who have to fight strong to cheer their bubs up, surrogate mothers; babies who arent theirs but is it possible to detach yourself away from a foetus who clearly isnt yours but you carried for 10 whole months? Mothers who donate their eggs to let other women who are infertile have a child; morally and ethically it isnt your child but it has your genes and may somehow look a bit like you. Working mothers who juggle a 9-6pm job who dread leaving their child behind and have little time with their child, full time mothers who devote their life to their child, giving up their personally space and time to be with their child 24/7. Single mothers who decided to be brave and be a father and a mother to their child. Teen mums who made a mistake and although still a child themselves have to grow up very fast to be a responsible mother. Mothers who are in an abusive marriage but yet soldier on and do whatever it takes to protect their child.

And then there are mothers like me.... who spent my first mothers day in the nicu cheering my little bub along. No one wishes to be a mother like me. I remember last year during mothers day i just bawled my eyes out during lunch with Sean cause all i saw were families smiling and spending a special day with their children while mine was in the hospital fighting. All i wanted to rob her away from the hospital and bring her home to be with me.

Fast forward this year, I am truly blessed to be Gwyneth's mother. I never expected being a mother can be so rewarding and fulfilling. I am lucky enough to be with her for the past year and still continuing so. We have such a great and close bond; Im proud to say I cant even pee in peace cause all she wants is me. HAHA.

Whatever mother you are... just know that you are doing the best you can, being the best mother you can be for your child. And though G is so young, I know she knows that Im doing the best I can to fulfill my role as her mother.

So HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL! you deserve it great mothers (:

No comments:

Post a Comment