Wednesday 20 May 2015

Moving forward

I've been a stay at home mum (sahm) for more than a year now. I've graduated from university for 1.5years. I'm still jobless. Do I regret doing the reverse: graduating, getting married then having a kid? No I don't. I absolutely love how my life has fallen into place.

Yes I had big plans. When I graduated I wanted to take a year to job hop and experience different things and find something I absolutely love and slowly build my career for 2-3 years. Then head to Melbourne to do my Masters in Monash. By then I would be 24/25 and have attained my Masters then get married to Sean and have a kid that very year.

Well obviously plans changed. Looks like now I will still be getting my Masters when I'm 24 but with little work experience or no career. But to me at least I know I have my certifications and I am doing some volunteering on the sides now. And I have the first few years to be with my child and watch her grow. When she's in kindergarten being busy with her life.. I will too as I start building my career. I know some people who only start their career at 25 too. But do they have a beautiful family like me? Nope. So I'm truly blessed.

Friends my age are either in their last year of uni or have just graduated, taking a gap year before they embark on their career or looking for jobs. Some are still partying, not attached or no where near finding a life partner. To each his own. But I'm truly blessed with everything I've got now.

A few days ago I felt pressured that I still don't have a career. But hey everyone's  paths are and will be different. There's no "correct" path on how you should be living your life or achieving what are what age. I know I'm not being a bum cause I'm constantly looking out for opportunities. But plans are constantly changing. Something exciting will happen soon and embracing all these change of plans.

Through the past few weeks I've learnt to live my own life and not bother about what and how others will look at me. Its exhausting to keep up with unnecessary comments and all the negativity. So meh... I'm happy can already!


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete