Tuesday 3 March 2015

Planning G's first birthday









Can't believe G will be turning 1 next month!! Everyday I look at her I marvel at how much she has grown. And I'm also preparing myself to lose my baby and gain a toddler!! Ahhhh... Its such an emotional feeling that only mothers will understand... Watching your baby grow into a toddler and do "big girl" stuffs !!

So initially we wanted to travel during her birthday but since there's too many air accidents.. I'm a scaredy cat so no to flying for a while. We have decided to throw her a simple party! After bouncing back and forth on venues and themes... I've managed to conceptualize and planned her birthday in 1 day!! With a busy Lil Tod pulling my hair and giving me no peace at all. Thankful my husband stepped in so I could concentrate on my planning.

I amaze myself how I can plan a party in less than a day. I will do a more detailed post on the party once its done! For now here are what's been done and some party planning tips!

1) budget!
-give yourself a budget so you won't be spending crazy amounts on a party your Lil one won't remember!

2) decide on your venue, date and time
-this was a chore at the beginning cause after all its her first birthday which she won't remember so we don't want it too extravagant. I wanted to book those play gyms but Sean thought it won't be safe as she's so small and all. Finally I decided to just have it at my condo's function room again (which I thought "omg so boring again cause we had her homecoming celebration there too.") That's when my mum suggested an awesome idea which I will talk about later

3) decide on a theme
-this was no brainer cause I decided this theme like a year ago? Hahaha or maybe more than a year ago when she was still in my womb. Hahaha

4) list down your guests (number of adults and children)

5) dessert table
-I always wanted a dessert table!! But hiring one is quite expensive. So since I am quite creative and I bake pretty well too.. I've decided to do my own! Pretty stoked on it and I've even named the dishes according to the theme(:

6) cake
-I spoke to one of my gf's and she made a dam good point. Why spend so much on a nice fondant cake when baby can't even eat? True true... Initially I didnt want a cake since I have cupcakes for the dessert table. But then I found a cake which is not a cake. Haha and its not that expensive either.

7) birthday banner
-so I started doing my research on dessert tables and how other people decorated them and all. I decided to customize a backdrop for the dessert table. Just to make it more colorful and professional.

8) balloons
-everyone knows I LOVE LOVE balloons! This one I won't need to spend alot as I have old designs which fit the theme which I will just get it filled up with helium. But I will get a bouquet of balloons which has "first birthday'' and all that stuffs just to symbolize it is a first birthday!

9) food
-I never have problem with this cause my dad takes care of this

10) invites
-this annoys me cause I can't send out my invites yet as I am not sure if I can confirm the venue or not!! Grrr my stupid condo has a stupid policy that all bookings of rooms need to be exactly a month prior to the event -.- so kill me now

11) photos
-I always print out photos of her growing up and all and do it into a scrapbook so people can view them and all. I think this time I will do her photos into a board. Hmmm. My biggest problem with this? Which ones to choose!!! Grrrr cause she has soooooo many photos! Hahaha

12) entertainment
-I decided to set up a play area so the Lil ones can play. And also another corner where the older kids can color and play too!

13) video montage?
-thinking of doing a video montage of G's funny videos we have taken over the year. We shall see if I have the time!

Yea think that's about it. Hope this helps some of you who are going to plan your kids birthday! I am so darn excited but yet sad that my baby is growing so fast :( ahhhh #motherwoes 

As mentioned I will do another elaborate post once her party is done! (: and I will list the vendors I used for her party too!


No comments:

Post a Comment