Wednesday 18 March 2015

Life of a student mummy

2 weeks ago I took the plunge and enrolled myself into a Masters program. Since what I really wanna work as requires a Masters degree, I decided to go for it. I was suppose to enroll into the July intake but they managed to put me in for the march intake. So I started school on Monday night.

My brain felt rusty... Everything was overwhelming and I immediate felt stress. Masters is a whole other level. And this time I can't afford to play anymore. This is what I want to pursue career wise so I gotta do well. But thing is I hate this subject I'm taking. There is a reason why I decided to graduate with an Arts degree when I could have gotten a full fledge Psychology degree all because I HATE research. Its a chore and very tedious process.

So anyways since I'm trying to be a serious student... I came home after my lecture and prepped myself for Tuesday's lecture. But with lil miss itchy fingers climbing here and there.. Getting her tiny fingers on my laptop it was impossible for me to concentrate -,- see this is the beginning of my life as a student mummy.

And then I wondered how those ftwms who study do it? The work load of a Masters student is already daughting enough. Add on a 9-5 job and being a mum 24/7 and wife... How does anyone do it? I don't know and I'm lucky I don't have to know for now.

Today I'm feeling lazy and I just wanna laze in bed all day till I have class at night. I have worked out my "study" schedule for the next few days so today shall just be a me day. Excuses since I already have such a chill life.

But honestly I feel more tired these days. Getting G to bed takes a painstaking 2hours and by the time we sleep its 2am. And then she wakes up about 5-6am for milk and sometimes if I'm lucky she sleeps immediately. But this morning she decided to play till 7.30am -.- FML seriously. And then she woke up at 11.30am when I wished she slept till 1. My broken sleep is exhausting me!!!

So yea I'm so thankful I don't have a full time job now. I'm sure I will really go mad by then. Praying that as she gets older she will go back to sleeping through again. Sighhh

Oh yes and she had a hair cut by mama a few days back. Tell me she looks like a China doll or Chinese version of Boo from Monsters Inc? Hahahaha


No comments:

Post a Comment