Sunday 5 October 2014

Rock hard solid boobs

So it's another #breastfeeding topic. 

I always read of mummies suffering from blocked ducts, engorgement fever, engorgement, sore nipples and mastitis of all worse cases. Some are so graphic in explanation that I literally sit there cringing cause gosh I can't imagine how painful it must be!! I was always lucky cause I never suffered that bad? My first few days after giving birth yes I had engorgement but it was never that bad that it became unbearable. It was tolerable (maybe because the nurses that took care of me came back every 1-2hours to literally squeeze my boobs dry). 

So on Thursday I went to the baby fair at expo (yea no surprises there cause I absolutely LOVE baby fairs). I went to buy stuffs to wean baby G soon as she's coming 6mths (actual in December) and this is prob the last fair of the year. I normally go 6-7hours max without pumping and I can survive. I no longer wake up in the middle of the night cause I'm over producing milk for baby G and since I don't get engorgement anymore I figured I can have my sleep. 

I came home to rock hard boobs (but wasn't the hardest I ever experienced) and I went to pump. But after I pumped I noticed I had so many hard ducts and I started feeling so fatigued, chills and a slight fever came creeping in. And then I realised "oh shit I'm doomed. My worse nightmare has begun." I got baby G to latch, I massaged, pump every few hours, hand express, hot compress, hot shower... NOTHING worked!! I was in agonizing pain and my fever was getting worse. Messaged my massage lady that did my post natal massage and thankfully she could come the next day as she's super busy. 

Massage was the WORSE!! My massage lady was dam cute cuz she kept apologizing as she was massaging my boobs. I was jus busy screaming. But thankfully it did help a lil but still didn't entirely clear. 

It's now Sunday n I'm happy to say my blocked ducts are almost all clear!! Yay!! After combing my boobs... Massage... Pump.. Latch... Wah such hard work man!! Still have 2 blocked ducts so I think I just need 1 more round of massage and i should be good. 

I had the intention to stop breastfeeding after this horrendous episode of engorgement but I guess I will jus let my boobs decide. If my milk jus dries up then so be it. I love breast feeding baby G cuz I can eat whatever I want and not put on weight. And since I just established the latching relationship I don't wanna give that up yet after fighting with her during the initial phase. So we shall seeeeeeee (: 

No comments:

Post a Comment